PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Room signage - scheduling, visualization AND inventory view for client presentations?

gbrl.frdmn344420
2017-07-27, 02:55 AM
I'm looking at integrating a signage into our model but it looks like we will have to be able to create an array of the signs in a grid for client review.

To that end will we need two different families, one placed adjacent to a door into a room and another in a separate portion of the model that reads data from the first?

Can anyone recommend a smart/efficient way to produce what we need?

Duncan Lithgow
2017-07-27, 06:01 AM
To that end will we need two different families

Why have a separate family just to show it somewhere else? Why not just multiple instances of the same family type? If you want to avoid problems with quantity schedules you could put them indifferent worksets or phases to filter them out of the schedule.

david_peterson
2017-08-01, 09:31 PM
So if I'm understanding the problem correctly, what you want to do is model the signs in one location and have some associated data with that particular signage.
Then in another location you want to be able to show an array of all of the signage with all of it's associated information.
I think you have some options but I don't know that you'll like them.
I would suggest making the family a faced based object. You can use model text if you wanted for the Room number/Names or what ever you're looking to put on them. The problem I see is that would need to make them type based objects. One type for each sign so you don't need to fill out the information twice.
Option B would be to use a Key schedule, but you'll still need to add in information in order to make it work.
Option C would be trying to make some kind of a script in Dynamo to generate them.
Just some thoughts.