PDA

View Full Version : 2017 hide revision cloud, keep Delta Tag

ctc
2017-08-22, 02:41 PM
I have a client that would like to hide the previous revision clouds, but keep the Delta tag and revision number visible. I know how to hide the cloud, but the tag also becomes hidden. Does anyone know if this is possible?

tedg
2017-08-22, 04:36 PM
I have a client that would like to hide the previous revision clouds, but keep the Delta tag and revision number visible. I know how to hide the cloud, but the tag also becomes hidden. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Not possible with the way Revit does it... the rev tag is an object tag tied to the cloud, so if you hide the cloud the tag goes with it. Other than making a dumb symbol I don't see a way to do this.
One of those things where a client wants something that short circuits the awesomeness of a program.

david_peterson
2017-08-23, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking, but in the revision dialog box you have the option to show Cloud and Tag, Tag or None for each revision sequence.
So just show the tag? What am I missing here?
Use the thing that was meant to be used. Don't use the "Hide Element in View" or a VG setting. Let the Rev Sequence Dialog box do it for you.
I do this all the time.

tedg
2017-09-11, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking, but in the revision dialog box you have the option to show Cloud and Tag, Tag or None for each revision sequence.
So just show the tag? What am I missing here?
Use the thing that was meant to be used. Don't use the "Hide Element in View" or a VG setting. Let the Rev Sequence Dialog box do it for you.
I do this all the time.

Yes nice.. what HE said ^^
Forgot about those options.