PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Adaptive Compenant

harkeychad
2017-11-17, 05:54 PM
Trying to find a tutorial on making one for say a wall base and a chair rail together. After I understand that I would like to add wainscot into it as well. I am at a ID firm so we dont have control over the walls and want something better than doing them with sweeps in a in place family. Any directions or sending me to a nice video would be great. I have looked on YouTube and do not see anything for this specific task. Thanks.

marmiketin
2017-11-20, 01:42 PM
I dont think an adaptive family would be best for what you are trying to do. A line based generic model family would work well for what you need.

harkeychad
2017-11-20, 03:22 PM
I will look into that and see what I can find. Thanks.

david_peterson
2017-11-20, 06:50 PM
Either line based or Profile based sweep would also work.
Heck you could also use a simple face based object and lock the length instance parameter so you have some grips.
Just a thought.

harkeychad
2017-11-20, 07:30 PM
It is so tedious to use the profiles as sweeps for the base and chair rail. Then come in after and put in whatever design the trim will be. I was hoping for something like for clicks as adaptive and then its done. 30 seconds instead of 10-15 minutes. Maybe sweeps for the base and chair rail then use line based for the trim. repeating line based would be a good thing for the trim. ID firm so trying to get this process down a lot. Almost every wall in the projects get something. Meaning a lot of elevations and repeating work.

david_peterson
2017-11-20, 07:34 PM
Option C is to put them in the wall directly. Add profiles to the actual wall. Draw the wall type and you're done.
I'm not sure what you want something that was an adaptive component. You still need to pick on at least 2 points on an object so it can find it's host.

harkeychad
2017-11-21, 01:03 PM
The walls are in a link so that is why im trying to find a way without copy/monitor the walls.