PDA

View Full Version : Images over Annotation....

aaronrumple
2003-12-08, 08:21 PM
Any way to get an imported image to display over an annotation - specifically a filled region>?

beegee
2003-12-08, 10:13 PM
Henry,

If you import an image, then set your text to an opaque background, the text will show over the image.

Is that what you're referring to ?

Kroke
2003-12-08, 11:06 PM
I think he wants it the other way around?

aaronrumple
2003-12-08, 11:37 PM
Right - I need an image over some solid fill areas. Even if I duplicate a couple of views and stack them - the image falls to the background.

I even tried to get clever and put and Image in one of several families. That confused Revit a bit. Actuall that would be one for a wish list. PDF's/Tiff's and JPEG's embedded in families.

shaunv68276
2003-12-09, 05:38 AM
Aaron, I thought I would be clever, and tried to import the image & place it on a sheet over the view but still the same thing. I also tried the family thing. you can import it into the family but it doesn't do anything in the project. I even tried to copy/paste from Adobe but no. The only thing I can think of is to create geometry with the image assigned to a material and then do a Region Raytrace around the image.

beegee
2003-12-09, 06:22 AM
Aaron,

I don't know if this will be helpful in your case or not.

I created the hatch as a thin floor slab with a surface pattern and located it on Level 1.

I then placed an image jpg at Level 2.

Viewed at level 2, with level 1 as an underlay, the image sits over the hatch.

As you can see, the surface hatch is actually showing through the image, so maybe that will be a problem for you.

funkman
2003-12-09, 06:33 AM
beegee, just a thought - what happens if you "painted" the slab a solid white? That should prevent any hatching showing through shouldn't it?

beegee
2003-12-09, 07:06 AM
White won't cause a problem, but other solid fill colours do interact with the image colour.

To all intents, the jpg image is transparent.

Aaron wants to use a hatch pattern with the image visible over it though, so solid fill white or no surface pattern, isn't the answer for his situation.

aaronrumple
2003-12-09, 02:31 PM
Solution or now is to export two views to images and then combine them in Photoshop <CorelDraw>. This is for schemetic presentation. If Revit could do this little trick, 90% of what I need Photoshop for could be eliminated.

bclarch
2003-12-09, 02:36 PM
How about a triple stack? Original filled region topped by a white filled region to mask just the area where the image will be, then drop the image over the white filled region.