PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Linked Model Underlay

dai.evans
2018-01-24, 10:24 AM
So we are trying to show the structural engineers pad foundations on our ground floor plan. But no matter what I do it doesn't appear to be possible. I have already tried:
View ranges - no difference
Binding - this works but is not practical as we need to reload their updated models periodically.
Line work - again this works but its not practical as we would have to update this inline with their amendments
Switching floors off - works but doesn't utilize the underlay tool

I have created a view based on a level named "-01 footing". On the ground floor I have tried to add this as an underlay but even with playing around with view ranges nothing. Surely as Revit is a collaboration tool something as simple as underlaying a linked model should be doable?

If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks in advance

Dai

DaveP
2018-01-24, 02:25 PM
First thing I always do to diagnose issues like this is to create a 3D View to make sure everything I think is is actually there.
Select a Wall or two in the general area, and then use the Selection Box tool (on the Modify Tab under View) to create a 3D View cropped to those elements.
You can adjust the Section Box edges if you need to.
Once you've verified everything is in the right place, you could try making your Floor transparent in that View to see the footing below.

dai.evans
2018-01-24, 02:34 PM
DaveP thanks for the response, I have double checked the 3D views several times as its been driving me insane. Making the floors transparent is an option but its more a workaround, surely there must be proper way of doing this utilizing the underlay options?

david_peterson
2018-01-24, 04:46 PM
Have you tried changing the view Discipline to say coordination?

Merlin
2018-01-24, 09:36 PM
Remember you can make it partially transparent.