PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Wall and Structural Column Line Weight

AbdulShaheed
2018-01-30, 04:16 AM
Hi All
I have an issue with Line weight. Please see the attached snap.
I use Revit 2017.

1: If I place the structural column on an arch.wall, it is fine as shown in snap above mark "1". this is what i want.

2: If I join the structural column with Wall (using Join Option), it shows like this. I am not happy with joined line type. but if i change wall joint line weight, then it affects my window sill as well, but i want window sill as shown above "4".

3: If I unjoin the structural column that is already joined, then I must redo column, bcs it is showing strange line intersection.

4: If i did not join Arch Wall and Struct. Column, i have issue with 3D, quantity of wall, etc.

Millawi
2018-01-30, 11:18 AM
Hi Abdul,

1. You need to open the Column Family and add Symbolic Lines around the outline of the Column in plan view;
2. Lock the lines to the respective reference planes;
3. Select the lines and change their Subcategory to "Structural Columns [cut]";
4. Select the lines and edit their "Visibility/Graphics Overrides" in the Properties Palette. Check the tickbox "Show only if Instance is cut". (As an option, you can uncheck the "Coarse" tickbox if you do not want lines visible in Coarse Scale Views);
5. Save and load back into project. Do this for all other Column Families in your project.

Hope this helps.