PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Keynotes

veritas99676844
2018-03-15, 07:18 PM
Can I have notes 1-46 and 1-94 (different notes) in the same text file so that I can have them on different sheets?

david_peterson
2018-03-19, 03:03 PM
If you have a keynote data base you can edit them anyway you'd like.
If you want them to be consistent (same number on every sheets) do keynotes by project (number) and not by sheet (sequential))

veritas99676844
2018-03-19, 03:32 PM
I have noticed that some firms do key notes different ways. Some use schedules and families. They have a text file that is loaded into an RFA file. There is a schedule for every sheet. The text file is very special and delineated with commas. Looks like a mess. The other more standard way is using the legend keynote system with standard text delineated with tabs. Not sure the advantages or disadvantages of each but I am guessing that the 1st one was used before autodesk bought revit. The ribbon was different and I am not sure if they even had the "keynote" legend in 2000. I was using it but cant remember. I do recall they had different ribbon titles like BASIC and DRAFTING.

david_peterson
2018-03-19, 04:02 PM
The other option is using a note block. Personally I'm not a fan of this method.
There's a bunch of tools out there that will assist with your keynoting issues.
There's a product called keynote manager that works really slick. It's worth the price. It's cheap in my mind.
It solves the issues with needing to edit the delineated text file.