PDA

View Full Version : Revit 6.0 features

jwilhelm
2003-12-09, 02:55 AM
does anyone know what new features have been implemented in Revit 6.0?

beegee
2003-12-09, 03:01 AM
Pandora's box has been opened , just a little.

Refer THIS TOPIC (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1719&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Scott D Davis
2003-12-09, 03:08 AM
Only 8 days 'til Revit-mas! December 16, we will all know the new features!

tmullins68225
2003-12-09, 01:28 PM
Here is a list of items by gregcashen:

Soon we will be presenting Options, making really kewl stairs and railings, and having more fun with worksets... turning temporary dimensions into permanent ones...

And even checking our spelling as we control exactly what the cut plans will be in what regions.

Not to mention controlling the project browser...

Improved Railing = multiple balusters, railings, end post families, etc.
Improved Stairs = monolithic, multiple stringers, tread and riser conditions, nosing wraps...
Worksets will work like Archicad...i.e. if you want to work in an area, drag a window around it and you can request to checkout that "stuff"
Options....want a hipped roof? how about a gable? how about an elliptical roof extrusion? Oh wait, does Revit do Ellipses? Yes it does!
Turn temp dims into dims with a single click.
Right drag = select all
Left drag = select crossing
How about exporting shared parameters via ODBC?
What about FORMULAS in SCHEDULES!!??
Spell Check with an architectural dictionary, MS dictionary, custom dictionary...
Automatic grid layout in curtain walls (by type)
material definition/editting when applying materials

Speed improvements?
30% decrease in save times with a corresponding 5-8% increase in file size.

Ability to crop schedules within sheets?
Yes...you can now filter schedules...even shared parameters...so essentially you can "crop" schedules to only show the info you want.

API?
Nope. But the ODBC export was improved to include export of shared parameters, which I understand is the first of the improvements toward opening the API...maybe.

Drafting view and drafting tool improvements?
Yes...they have added detail views and wall sections as new types of sections...also they made it so they are scale dependent so if you only want details to show in drawings of scales larger than 1/8" = 1'-0", you can do that so your drawing doesn't get cluttered...also some other functionality to this that makes it EXTREMELY useful.

Family export from projects?
No...umm, I mean yes.

Group Improvements?
Yes, though they were not specific other than to say it works better now and they explained some of the issues that cause problems...thus, what to avoid.

Accurender or Viz Render?
Accurender

Improved text functions?
Not that I am aware of, but there are dimension improvements aside from turning temp dims into regular dims....

Oh and how about phase aware area tags.

By the way...it may not be apparent at just reading this, but think about schedule formulas and odbc export of shared parameters for a minute...there is a HUGE amount of additional functionality just in those two things. I think as we start playing with that, we will see that it solves a lot of things that we have been requesting.

Don't remember if I mentioned that you can now organize your project browser however the hell you want. Filters, ordering, sorting...Woohoo.

Oh, and how about a tool where you can draw a box and override the view range...essentially, you can do split level plans of infinite complexity.