PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Mapimport and object data tables

cadtag
2018-04-10, 07:29 PM
I suspect i'm forgetting something pretty simple, but I've been pulling in SHP files, and telling Mapimport to Create Object Data in the dialog. If I view properties for any thing that came in from the import, I can see the Object Data that I expect, but when I try to run a query, Map acts like there are no Object Data Tables.

IIRC this _used _ to work, but this time around, nada, zip, nuttin.

rkmcswain
2018-04-10, 08:52 PM
Don't you have to MapAttach the drawing with the objects+data, and then run the query on the Attached drawing?

Jmurphy
2018-04-11, 11:10 PM
Don't you have to MapAttach the drawing with the objects+data, and then run the query on the Attached drawing?

Yes and no. ;) You can query the current dwg from the map display tab. Click Data icon, then Add Drawing Data, Query Current Drawing

cadtag
2018-04-17, 11:57 AM
well, that got me one step closer, the query dialog will come up, and I can pick the value from the table listing, but can't do anything else -- execute is grayed out,

basically I'm trying to identify/select/alter properties for a single named river in a water shed, and follow that up with identifying all named streams. Other than clicking on every segment and looking at the Properties dialog,