PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Building Two Structures Within The Same Model With Two Different Ground Floor F.F.L.

Patch_Ing
2018-04-13, 06:29 PM
Hello All,

I am new. Thanks for your time.

I am currently building a 7 bedroom villas (one structure) with a 7 bedroom staff quarter (Another Structure) in the same revit model. The 7 bedroom Villas has a F.F.L of EL: +/- 0". I want the staff quarter to have a F.F.L. of EL: -2'. Can anyone tell me what is the best practice for this?

-Create new levels? then high the irrelevant ones as necessary?

I am very open minded.

Look forward to see your expertise,

Best,

david_peterson
2018-04-23, 01:00 PM
I would create it with 2 levels and 2 separate sets of views set to those levels so you don't have to constantly verify what work plane you're on.
If you were to create a scope box for each villa, you could set the levels to their unique scope box and not have to hide them.
Are you doing this so you can place 2 separate buildings on the same site? If yes, I'd do this in 2 separate models so you can position them on the site individually.
You can leave them in the same model this is really like 2 different options for the same building.
Just my 2 cents.

Patch_Ing
2018-04-23, 02:03 PM
I would create it with 2 levels and 2 separate sets of views set to those levels so you don't have to constantly verify what work plane you're on.
If you were to create a scope box for each villa, you could set the levels to their unique scope box and not have to hide them.
Are you doing this so you can place 2 separate buildings on the same site? If yes, I'd do this in 2 separate models so you can position them on the site individually.
You can leave them in the same model this is really like 2 different options for the same building.
Just my 2 cents.

That is brilliant. Many thanks!