PDA

View Full Version : 2018 revit printing issue with text

eric_snider
2018-05-08, 01:36 PM
when I view text in revit, it looks correct. When I print to PDF, the text gets "squished" see attachment

DaveP
2018-05-09, 02:02 PM
What font is that? Is it a "normal" Windows font (True Type - .TTF), or an Open Type Font .OTF?
Revit and/or your PDF writer sometimes don't handle the OTFs well.
Is the font available to your PDF writer?
Next question: Does the Text Style in Revit use a width factor? Anything other than 1.0 has been known to cause issues.
And finally, what PDF writer are you using? Can you try a different one?

david_peterson
2018-05-09, 07:20 PM
Other additional thought in addition to DavePs post.
Are you printing vector or Raster - That's been know to give different results as well.

Reviteer455
2020-04-08, 05:19 PM
Did you ever get this PDF issue resolved?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having issues with plotting to PDF when I view the PDF, the letters are running over the next letter.

Anyone having these issues?

Here's a sample:

Thanks!

bt.commenter343255
2020-04-10, 04:29 AM
I will second that, have definitely had the problems with font set to a custom width factor, other than 1.0.

david_peterson
2020-04-27, 04:27 PM
Make sure that you're PDF writer is embedding the fonts.
If you're using bluebeam, make sure the you don't have the windows scale and layout set to anything other than 100%.

dkoch
2020-04-29, 12:27 AM
Did you ever get this PDF issue resolved?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having issues with plotting to PDF when I view the PDF, the letters are running over the next letter.

Anyone having these issues?

Here's a sample:

Thanks!

Do you have multiple monitors? Do you have the same text scaling factor on all monitors? One common setup: A laptop with a 4K screen and a second 2K monitor. The 4K monitor text scaling may be at 200% (so you can actually see the interface items), while the 2K monitor is at 100%. Revit does not like this.

See the fourth item down on the chart in this Autodesk Knowledge Network article.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Issues-with-text-when-printing-from-Revit.html
If that is not the problem, perhaps one of the other items on the chart is the culprit.