PDA

View Full Version : Crashing

BomberAIA
2003-12-09, 12:33 PM
I'm working on a townhouse project w/ 2 building types and 3 unit types. I have each building type in a separate rvt file. I redesigned an end unit and tried to copy clip it into the other file. It crashed every time when I went to paste. I had to copy parts of the unit over so it wouldn't crash. I hope R6 will handle multifamily projects better. Is there a better way to organize this project? I've tried linking, but you can't edit the elevations. I would like some input from other multifamily guys. Thanks

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-09, 02:03 PM
I am about to completly overhaul the way I approach multi-familiy projects. I've learned some great stuff at AU that I want to try, and with the advent of 6.0's adjustible view range by sketch, I think i will be keeping everything in one file for the most part. I'll report back after 6.0.

Melarch
2003-12-09, 08:16 PM
You will finally have a tool in release 6.0 that will allow development of multiple design scenarios, but it was not designed to allow the multiple design scenarios (option) function when you started developing project CD's.

I cannot wait to get the new 6.0 release to explore the Option feature and tools in depth to see if there is a reasonable work-around or enough flexibility to develop CD's based on multiple design options.

beegee
2003-12-10, 12:46 AM
I am about to completly overhaul the way I approach multi-familiy projects. I've learned some great stuff at AU that I want to try, and with the advent of 6.0's adjustible view range by sketch, I think i will be keeping everything in one file for the most part. I'll report back after 6.0.

Love to hear more about this CZ.

6.0 is 6.0 days away !! Do you really expect me to wait patiently that long. :shock: