PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Use Section View to Achieve Isometric Presentation with Overlapping Features

warwickpeter
2018-05-21, 12:53 AM

Hello Everybody,

Peter here. Thank you all for viewing this post. I myself is a newbie @ my company as well @ forum here. Recently our engineer discovered a special 'section view' in Revit. As you could see the in the attached Diagram, this is CLEARLY a section view, not a 3D view. However it does not cut via planes that are perpendicular nor parallel to any XYZ axis, instead, it cuts through a 'ISOMETRIC' angle. Not only this, all the pipe lines and tags and annotations were given an 'overlapping feature', meaning they would purposely 'cut' the ones that are underneath them (as you could see in the second diagram from the attachment).

I have searched many online articles and viewed tutorial videos, but couldn't find a clue on just how to achieve this kind of SPECIAL section view. I am in desperate hope that some Guru here in the forum could show me the way.

Many, many sincere thanks.....

Peter

david_peterson
2018-05-22, 07:21 PM
Not sure that's actually a section. But with out seeing the actual model it's hard to verify that.
Is that a P&ID drawing?
Looks like a typical isometric drawing and a text call out.

warwickpeter
2018-05-23, 03:02 AM
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your 1 out of 90 reply!! I almost lost hope for this question. Yes this is a P&ID drawing, i could send you the .rvt file via email if you are so kind that would look into it a bit further. Our engineers are SO convinced that this 'isometric section view' is done by some custom made plug-in, but I still have faith in Revit's own menus & options.

Thank you very very much.

Peter