PDA

View Full Version : 2018 U shaped winder Stair and building code

Griff
2018-05-26, 05:09 AM
I'm designing a house where we need to use a u-shaped winder stair with a 10'-5 3/8" floor to floor rise and a 3'-0" width. The problem I'm having is the code requires that the winders have a minimum tread depth of 6 inches and a minimum depth of 10 inches at the inside walkline located 12 inches from the inside.

When I create a winder in Revit 2018, the stair is created and I can change the Inside Walk Line Offset to 1'-0". The problem arises when we try to change the Minimum Width on Inside Boundary from 2"+ to 6 inches. I get the following error:

"The relationship between the current values of Actual Run Width, Minimum Width at Inside Boundary, and Parallel Treads at Start or End does not support the creation of the winder run."

I don't see how to make the adjustment to get the stair to the configuration that would meet the code.

I would also like to have as many parallel stairs as possible and reduce the number of risers (not sure if either is possible but it would be nice)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PijPiwo
2018-05-26, 07:18 PM
While in the stair sketch edit mode, click on ‘Convert’ icon on the ribbon and then ‘Edit Sketch’ right next to it. Now you can edit the shape of the stair as you wish.

Griff
2018-05-27, 02:46 AM
While in the stair sketch edit mode, click on ‘Convert’ icon on the ribbon and then ‘Edit Sketch’ right next to it. Now you can edit the shape of the stair as you wish.

Thank you for the tip. I going to give it a try, THANK YOU!