PDA

View Full Version : 2017 How to use imported custom Panel?

dave.zap771227
2018-08-08, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I have downloaded these .rfa file SIP panels.
http://bimobject.com/en-us/insulfoam/product/premier-sips

But I have no idea how to insert them in to my project. I have loaded the family (Insert | Load Family) and can see it has been loaded in the Project Browser under Curtain Panels | Structural_Insulated_Panels...

If I draw a wall I can not select it as a wall type, nor if I draw it initially as a curtain wall.

Same thing if I place a component (CM) the SIP's are not an option.

I think I must just not know how to place "Curtain Panels". Can any one help?

Thanks

Kimberly Fuhrman
2018-08-08, 01:03 PM
Hi, Dave,

When you create a curtain wall, the panel is created automatically. Use the Tab key with the mouse hovered over the edge of the Curtain Wall to select just the panel. You should then be able to change the type of panel in the Properties dialog box.

dave.zap771227
2018-08-09, 09:23 AM
Thanks for that, it works now. Although I must say that's somewhat counterintuitive. The wall now looks correct but the 'outer' object still presents as 6mm Thk Glazing. I'm sure this will make sense once I learn more about Curtain walls. It's just specifically for the SIPs panels I don't get why they can't be treated just like standard Architectural Walls, I mean I'm only dealing with 3 layer structure that I could define myself. I'm not getting the advantage of curtain walls I guess.