PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Trying to fix Revit 17 by running Autodesk_Revit_2017_2_3.exe

robinhillrhca700396
2018-08-26, 05:34 PM
I am on R17 although subscribed for R18 and R19. But I need to work on R17 project and keep it in R17...
It seems to be corrupted so I have downloaded the above file, and click on it to run.
It then shows a window with option to UNINSTALL or CLOSE. but no option to install the update!
Closeing does nothing to the installation.
I dont want to uninstall Revit 17, broken R17 is a little better than no R17.
Seems to be no guidance from Autodesk that helps, so where can I go from here?
My troubles started when a Tek guy came to my office when I was away, and uninstalled and reinstalled for some reason, trying to speed up connection to another workstation NOT running Revit.
Can any one help?....Why doesnt the .exe do anything?
Thanks, Robin

robinhillrhca700396
2018-08-27, 11:18 AM
So eventually found a suggestion that the update wouldnt run if the original installation files werent on the computer.
Searching, I found they werent there! I never deleted them but the Tek guy might have done...he was the only one with access.
So spent 16 hrs downloading them and ran the installation manager as instructed.
Naturally it just did nothing. No indication if it was running or not.
And now the original R17 install wont even run at all.
I take it from the abundnt replies, an overwhelming 0, out of 40 views, that no one has ever tried to update or repaired Revit!

david.metcalf
2018-08-28, 12:28 PM
So eventually found a suggestion that the update wouldnt run if the original installation files werent on the computer.
Searching, I found they werent there! I never deleted them but the Tek guy might have done...he was the only one with access.
So spent 16 hrs downloading them and ran the installation manager as instructed.
Naturally it just did nothing. No indication if it was running or not.
And now the original R17 install wont even run at all.
I take it from the abundnt replies, an overwhelming 0, out of 40 views, that no one has ever tried to update or repaired Revit!

I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall Revit. Copy your Revit.ini file to the desktop to place it back after the process after renaming the fresh Revit.ini file.
I would not uninstall the Content or Materials Library.