PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Choosing between different types of Doors and Windows

jshubham44
2018-10-28, 05:36 AM
Hello, I am a master student studying in USA. I am practicing Revit for the 1st time and don't know how to choose between different types of doors and windows while drawing a layout of floor plan. I don't know the purpose of each type of door or window and that is why I am having difficulty in assigning correct type of doors or windows at specific places, say, for ex.: at entrance, bedroom, bathrooms, closet, etc. I don't have an idea of which door or window should be assigned at which place as mentioned above.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Duncan Lithgow
2018-11-06, 12:24 PM
From what you've written that sounds like a design problem and not a Revit problem. Not knowing what you want is not really a problem I can help you with. If you ask me how to switch Door Types out with each other - that I can help with. You just select the Door and select a new type

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revit-GetStarted/files/GUID-2EC56489-AFA3-4593-B161-BEC461FC8E27-htm.html

david_peterson
2018-11-06, 02:34 PM
To add to Duncan's note, I'd also look at how your families are set up.
We use a nested family type selector for the door panels so creating new types is super easy with a very limited number of door families. Few families, lost of types, big kit of parts.
We do the same thing for the frame. Works great. The learning curve is a little difficult, but once you've done it, you won't forget it.