PDA

View Full Version : curved sloped ramp

Tobie
2005-04-06, 07:12 AM
created this curved ramp with a slope arrow, and for some reason the ramp seems twisted. has anybody encountered this and been able to fix it.
thanks,

beegee
2005-04-06, 08:53 AM
Tobie,

Ramps arn't created with a slope arrow.

They are created in the same way as stairs, by defining a run, or drawing the boundaries.

This one is a simple run, using a three point arc to define the curve.

mtogni
2005-04-06, 10:20 AM
beegee,
altought you are perfectly right, I don't understand for what reason we cannot treat ramp structure as a floor. Not possible to assign layer (why?????), not possibile to join to wall or anything else (why?????), so this maybe is the reason because user would use floor better than ramp. Or why not let floor to be treat as ramp?
Another related question. Why is not possible to join stairs? At least when with the same material, for example: if I have a monolitic stair made in concrete why I cannot join to a concrete wall?
Thanks.

Tobie
2005-04-07, 12:26 AM
thanks beegee,
wanted to do it as a slab as it will be a slab on the natural ground level, but ramp will do. if you set the slope arrow as "specify slope" the top of the slab works fine, but the bottom is twisted.

Scott D Davis
2005-04-07, 12:34 AM
the top of the slab works fine, but the bottom is twisted.
Thats because the slope only works in one plane. The slope wont twist to follow the curve of the ramp.

Maybe a good wishlist item: Curved/Arc'd slope arrows.

Roger Evans
2005-04-07, 12:52 AM
Curved Arc Slope Arrows for Floors + Roofs ... That would be perfect

bouckedesigns
2008-12-09, 07:23 AM
If you have a ramp with a unique outline it may work well to create it as a floor, add points, and change the heights at the points to create your slope. This will certainly allow your top and base to transition smoothly at your adjacent floor slab. However, I don't think you can host a railing to a sloped floor.

In the attached examples, I had two unique ramps to model with different radii in each ramp. I also needed to have sloped railings hosted to the ramp. Revit Architecture 2009 will force you to have a flat landing between sloped runs of your ramp. It took me a while to figure this out, but once I did, I was able to model them fine.

ts118433986
2012-07-25, 07:36 AM
I need to add a curved ramp to my project. it doesn't have a unified radius.
I made an attemped to use ramp function with "boundery" (and "pick a line").
what's next? if I press "run" it doesn't use my bounderies, the ramp comes out straight...
how can I solve this???

MLANAO
2012-09-10, 07:21 PM
HOW CAN I ADD POINTS
THANK YOU

Brian Myers
2012-09-11, 02:10 AM
You could try to use a Floor instead of a Ramp.

damon.sidel
2012-09-11, 12:32 PM
HOW CAN I ADD POINTS. THANK YOU

We have been using floors instead of ramps a lot for irregularly shaped submerged parking/roads. We like to build as much of it as we can with ramps first, because we find the tool helps a little figure things out. Then once we have the ramps worked out, we create floors on top of them and either add slope arrows if they are straight or add points if they are curved/irregular. MLANAO, to add points, create a floor with the plan profile you want. After you finish it, select it and you'll see up on the ribbon next to "Edit Boundary" command the "Modify Sub Elements" command. You'll then see green grips and dashed edges. You can use the "Add Points," "Add Split Line," and "Pick Supports" to start shaping the floor in section/elevation. It's just a workaround, but it's the best we've found until they finally get around to improving the ramps.

You can see the walls that attach to the bottom of the floor.

david@stearnsarchitecture
2012-12-12, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the floor functions tutorial. In Revit Arch 2013, I created a floor that had a straight portion and then the curve by drawing the outline. Revit assigned 10 points for me to assign heights to, but I would rather have only 9. is there a way to delete points?

marcomena21775339
2018-11-14, 03:30 AM
You just have to add some flat parts on the ramp through boundary lines once in a while.

david_peterson
2018-11-14, 08:11 PM
Another option to get a similar result would be to use a blended sweep. Just offset the height of the 2nd profile. Works rather slick.