PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Wall Sweeps - Radial Array bug

revitlady
2019-01-31, 02:31 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to work out the best way to model in a vertical dowel wall lining. The dowels are manufactured individually. The best way I can think of is to do a wall sweep.
It works fine and I can array the dowel in straight lines. The problem comes when I have a curved wall. If I do a straight array on a curved wall the spacing isn't equal. If I try and do a radial array the wall sweeps end up in weird places on the wall. Have replicated this in 2017 and 2019.
Any ideas how to easily get equal spacing for wall sweeps on a curved wall? Or is there a better way to model these dowels?

Previously the dowel was modelled in place, but I'd like a more efficient method as we'll be using them a lot. Thanks!

Dimitri Harvalias
2019-02-01, 03:21 AM
Welcome to the forums.
A quick and dirty workaround is to use the railing tool and create a baluster family that has the profile of your dowels. You can also create a face based family that you can array on the arc. In either case they won’t act as wall elements so any openings you have in the wall will not automatically penetrate the dowels.

revitlady
2019-02-01, 05:29 AM
Great ideas, I'll give those a try next week. Thanks Dimitri :)