PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Looking for recommendations on learning path

Tachout
2019-02-05, 04:29 PM
Good Morning all,

I am looking for recommendations on a learning path. I learned AutoCAD back when it was AutoCAD R11 (Yes back when it was in DOS) I have kept my learning up on AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture. I now currently run AutoCAD Architecture 2018 and use it daily. Recently I found myself looking for a new Job and seems like everyone likes my resume, wants to talk to me and as soon as they ask the "Do you know REVIT" and I state no they are done with me. I am looking for recommendations for online courses to get me up to speed and certified in Revit quickly. I want on line options. I prefer self paced so I can push through more than the normal rate.

I was the Product Development Manager for one of the nations largest home builders, and have been working in housing for the past 10+ years and have been in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture much longer than that. Any recommendations would be a great help.

Thanks in Advance,
Mark Selig

Bill Gilliss
2019-02-05, 08:55 PM
I strongly recommend Paul Aubin's Revit tutorials on lynda.com, starting with Revit 2019: Essential Training for Architecture (Imperial): "Learn the basics of using Revit 2019 for architectural design. This course is designed for students who have no prior Revit experience and want to work in imperial units (inches and feet). It is a beginner's course that approaches Revit from the ground up. Fundamentals and good work habits are emphasized every step of the way." Paul's courses cover the full range of what Revit can do, and he explains things extremely well. I'd recommend a two-monitor setup, so you can easily see Paul's screen and your own.

You can DL a full working copy of Revit for a 30-day free trial from Autodesk.com. If you are a student or faculty member at an accredited school, you can DL the program for free, good for three years.

tracigarner68734770
2019-02-08, 08:34 PM
I agree with Bill, the Paul Aubin tutorials and books are great. I can also recommend Eric Wing's Revit - No Experience Required books. When I was in college, there were no classes taught in Revit, and I could see the future writing on the wall - I found the book online and taught myself. It's a great walk-through, and gives you a really broad skill base. I still have it on my reference shelf at the office.

gturner1958
2019-02-14, 02:55 PM
I use AutoDesk University https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/
I find it very helpful for my needs - I use Civil 3D but there are lots of classes with training materials you can use.
Good Luck!