PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Customizing Schedules: Formulas

Andi
2019-02-06, 09:57 PM
I'm trying to add a bit of customization to my window schedule. I have the Family parameter loaded and I'd like to translate the Family name into a single letter. For example: One of the families is named "Double Hung" but I would like it show on the schedule simply as "A". I tried creating a formula but the only field I'm able to use is "Mark" for some reason. Can anyone help?

I am slowly moving my office from AutoCAD to Revit and I am trying to keep the new Revit schedules as similar as possible to the existing CAD standards. If you have any tips or articles related to customizing schedules I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

Steve_Stafford
2019-02-07, 12:23 AM
We use the Type Mark parameter for this purpose. The default Window Tag should already be setup to show that value. You can either provide the value in the tag or through the Type Properties of the window. This way all instances of the Type A window share the same Type Mark.

Andi
2019-02-11, 06:31 PM
That's perfect for this instance, thanks! It seems so obvious now that you say it :lol:

Is there a way to make that Type project specific? For example, I may want the family type "Double Hung" to be Type A in one project but Type B in another. Can I do that if I am using the same window family in multiple projects?

Steve_Stafford
2019-02-11, 06:35 PM
Each project has its own settings. You'll get a warning when you have elements with the same Type Mark. If you change one from A to B and you already have a B then the warning will pop up but it will be resolved as soon as you give it a unique value.