PDA

View Full Version : Crop Regions and Reflected Ceiling Plans

Cresh
2005-04-06, 04:14 PM
I have searched the forums and hopefully this isn't something that has been asked already..

I have a floor plan in which, for purposes of blow up plans on separate sheets, I have done crop regions on each area that I want to call a separate "unit" and create a separate view for ie "unit a", "unit b" etc...my problem is that obviously these crop regions do not transfer to the ceiling plans and no view is automatically created and was wondering two things, is there a way that this can be done, or if it can not be done is there a better/different way to divide up the plan to separate views so that it will be created on the ceiling plans as well.

Thank you for any help

sbrown
2005-04-06, 04:16 PM
You need to use the callout tool, not crop regions. On you overall plan create your callouts(view>callout). Then you can copy these callouts from your overall floor plan to your overall ceiling plan.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-06, 04:17 PM
Scope boxes control crop regions. So if you can use scope boxes to define the area you want...you can assign each view to a scope box and the crop regions will match. (Assuming you don't want to use the callouts as Scott suggests)

Michelle Gibson
2005-04-13, 02:29 PM
I am slowly/quickly advancing on our first Revit project. We've got the plan done and have 27 callout plan details that I've now placed on the sheets. I've spent a lot of time trying to line of the crop regions and grids by "eye'. Now when I go in and out of the sheet all my grids have relocated to their original location for the bubble and end of grid line.

I am trying to figure out how scope boxes work and why/how you use them. Most importantly, do I need to create a scope box for every one of the 27 plan details (they are all the same size in the callout dimensions) or can I create a "plan detail" scope box.

IF I create the generic scope box for plan details, do you generally offset around the perimeter of the callout so that you always have the grid heads aligned?

Also, I've posted about three callouts at the same location because of stacked wall conditions in which I need a plan detail at three different levels of the same location. Would scope boxes help me with this, as the view properties and "far plane" clip or offset don't seem to do the trick.

Sorry for the long post, but I've tried every way I can think of so far.

NEW INFO

Just learned I should've made the callout a plan callout not a detail callout, then I can change the view range. Once I copy the callout, I change the view range for the plan callout and I get my second view of the same detail at either a higher or lower level.\

Now if there were a way to convert the 27 detail callouts that I have already drafted and completed to plan callouts without having to start over, I would be a lot happier.

thanks,