PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Schedule a dimension value

Wagurto
2019-02-16, 05:13 PM
I would like to place a dimesion on my site plan and make the value of that dimension be able to be scheduled. For example, i would like to place dimension from my property line to the edge of my wall and have that value reported as a setback on a schedule of setbacks.
Is that possible? I saw that you can add a reporting parameter to a dimension but i can figure it out have to extract that value to a schedule.

Steve_Stafford
2019-02-16, 10:52 PM
A dimension displays information about other elements, the distance between whatever it references. That value is not "stored" anywhere, it is being read from the related elements. As such you can't schedule a value that is only "seen" in a dimension.

You could create a family that has a Length parameter you could place and adjust so it's edges mark the locations you're concerned with. Then a schedule could report the parameter's (Shared Parameter) value for that family since the value is part of the element that can be scheduled.

david_peterson
2019-02-18, 04:06 PM
I want to say that in the past what we done for egress paths was to create a detail item with a bunch of parameters. One of those was "Actual Width". We then tied that parameter in the model to a global parameter. You might be able to do something similar. We would then just place that "Schedule" directly on the view. It worked kinda like a tag.
Just a thought.