PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Detail individual Family

Jen the Drafter
2019-02-22, 09:14 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for detailing and individual family, without showing all the surrounding architecture? I want to show front/back/side views of an existing family, that I can dimension and annotate. Ideally, when I update the family this will also update...

I've attached an image showing what I'm looking for. It was created by redrawing the family with detail lines, which we'd like to avoid...

desmondb
2019-02-25, 12:51 AM
Hi Jen,

I can't see your attachment in your post but what it sounds like you are trying to achieve is exactly what the "Assembly" tool does. In your project, you can select either a single family or a number of families and 'group' them together using the "Assembly" tool (next to the "Group" tool).
Once you have created and named the assembly, select the assembly again and you will now have a button on the ribbon to 'create views', you can create all the views you want including sections and 3D, you can choose the scale and view template for each view as well. You can even opt to create a sheet that can be dedicated to these views. This is all done automatically.

It is an extremely useful tool to isolate an element to get views of it without having to hide the rest of the model.

Check the help section of Revit to see the exact steps you need to follow.