PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Which Revit co-ordinate point does Navisworks read from?

desmondb
2019-02-25, 05:20 AM
When creating NWC's for coordination purposes from Revit do these NWC's read the building location from the Survey Point or the Project Base Point in Revit?

david_peterson
2019-02-25, 02:33 PM
Depends on how you set up the export. You can set that in the export settings dialog box.

desmondb
2019-02-25, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the response David,

I have noted the settings on the exporter, some further clarification though... If I choose the 'Shared Coordinates" option it will use the Survey Point, right? if I choose the 'Project Internal' option will it use the Project Base Point or will it use the "Invisible" internal point or Start-Up Location (0,0,0)?

I am trying to figure what impact it would have if we move a building's Project Base Point after the building has gone through a few cycles of coordination with Navisworks already. For some reason the PBP is floating the middle of nowhere and I want to move it to a grid intersection.

Thanks

david_peterson
2019-02-25, 10:17 PM
I believe, it's the start-up point. But I've never played with it so you'd need to do some testing. Should be that hard to do. We've just always gone shared coordinate.

Steve_Stafford
2019-02-25, 10:24 PM
Moving the PBP while clipped will alter your Shared Coordinate System. If you've already set that then don't move the PBP while clipped. You can move it unclipped to another location and nothing will change. Moving the PBP (clipped) gives the illusion of changing the building, nothing actually moves...just the relationship to the survey coordinate system.