PDA

View Full Version : Digitizer button 11-16 no longer work

timfrost
2005-04-06, 06:19 PM
I have added button programming to the cusomization center in 2006 for buttons 11-16 but they do not work. Does anyone know what or if you have to do to get the buttons working on my puck. I am using the wintab driver.

Tim

Glenn Pope
2005-04-06, 06:34 PM
For clarification.

Do you mean assigning commands to a key combinations like Ctrl+Alt+R?

timfrost
2005-04-06, 06:47 PM
No, I mean like a macro, as an example I have ^c^coffset on button C on my Calcomp digitizer puck. or like the items listed below from 2005 Autocad.mnu file

***BUTTONS1
^c^c
^c^cfillet
'zoom;;
'zoom;w;\
'pan
^c^cDist
'zoom;p;
^C^CErase;\
^c^cD;\
^C^CMove;\
^c^ccopy;\
^C^COFFSEt
^C^CStretch;\
^C^CEXTEND
C^CTRIM

***BUTTONS2
// Shift + button
$P0=SNAP $p0=*

***BUTTONS3
// Control + button
$PO=TFModify $p0=*

***BUTTONS4
// Control + shift + button
$PO=Dimension $p0=*

Glenn Pope
2005-04-06, 07:10 PM
So are you editing the MNU file, or has it changed in 2006?

timfrost
2005-04-06, 07:16 PM
There is no mnu file in 2006. There is now a customization center.

Tim

Mike.Perry
2005-04-06, 11:24 PM
Hi Tim

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Glenn Pope
2005-04-07, 02:00 AM
There is no mnu file in 2006. There is now a customization center.

Tim
Then I won't be able to help you until I get my copy of 2006 (getting tired of waiting). I will have a similar setup so I will need to look into this. Hopefully someone else may have the answer sooner.

A work around for now.
Assign commands to key combinations, ex. Ctrl+Alt+R. Then in the digitizer driver, set each button to use those same keys.

ldavis.23383
2005-06-12, 03:40 PM
hi tim

I am having same problem CUI does work with 16 button mouse. Autodesk's response is that digitizers are no longer supported. I'm hoping a patch for the 2006 CUI will come out soon. In the mean time i'm having to use a mouse which is very frustrating. Looks like all we can do for now is hope they fix it soon.

Glenn Pope
2005-06-13, 01:22 PM
Check out this thread.
Mouse Buttons in 2006 (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=19060)

This basically shows how to set a command to the key combinations on a keyboard, then going into the digitizer driver and assigning those combinations to the button. This will allow you to use all 16 buttons. The only drawback is if you want more then one command assigned to a button using shift and ctrl. Unfortunately you won't be able to do it using this method. If you don't do that, then this method will get you back up and running.

ldavis.23383
2005-08-31, 01:09 PM
hi tim

Good news your digitizer probably doesn't work because of your driver. This isn't an autodesk problem, but a problem with the your digitizer software. The XP driver supplied by gtco calcomp is not 100% wintab driver so it will not let autcad see your tablet. At www.vtablet.com they have a driver that will fix your problem. Also when you get your driver problem solved and go to the CUI in autocad make sure you put your customizations in the legacy portion of the menu not the mouse portion.

It me 3 months to solve this issue. I even had a vendor tell my support people that autodesk no longer supported digitizers. Hope this helps you out and good luck.

Jake

mark.sullivan140659
2012-02-29, 04:01 PM
Hello,
Hopefully someone out there can help. I am using Windows 7, TabletWorks Version 10.09 Build 24. Running AutoCad Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008. I have a SummaSketch III 16 button curor. My problem is I cannot get the 16 buttons set up. I had it working perfectly for years with the same Autocad Version, but on Windows XP.
There are alot of scenarios in the TabletWorks Control Panel too, and I'm seriously frustrated trying to figure this out and get my 16 buttons programmed. 20 years with 16 buttons at my right hand....ain't any mouse out there that'll come close. I need my 16 buttons again. If anyone has solved this, please let me know how. Thanks.