PDA

View Full Version : AUGI & Zoog

PeterJ
2003-12-10, 09:05 AM
I'm on the phone waiting for someone to come back from consulting with a colleague.....

I just started looking at some numbers between the two forums.

In some 220 days since inception Zoog has managed to clock up a respectable 11,000 odd posts. A rate of 50 posts per day

AUGI has managed nearly 6,000 in a mere 70 or so days. A rate of around 81 posts per day.

That looks like an impressive degree of activity for AUGI until you consider that they claim 54,000 members, of which many are also here, and are therefore achieving 0.0015 posts per day per member against the rate of 0.08 posts per member per day here.

There will always be lurkers, duplicate registrations and so on, but even so the uptake in use of the AUGI forums has to seem a little slow.

Dean Camlin
2003-12-10, 01:28 PM
I'll admit this forum has me spoiled. I don't have much time & I don't even check AUGI regularly any more, except when I need some new family I haven't used before. Sorry, Jim B.

[edit: I meant RUGI. oops!]

bclarch
2003-12-10, 04:24 PM
Once you have found the best there is no reason to keep shopping around. This is what a user forum should be like.

sifuentes
2003-12-10, 05:23 PM
I've been an AUGI member for over 2 years, and correspondence isn't what it used to be there, since the inseption of the AUGI Forums. Before the forums I used to receive an average of 150 daily emails from the 4 guilds I subscribed to. The Revit and spanish guilds were almost totally inactive, so the bulk of the posts I received came from 2 guilds.

I was used to the guilds' mailing lists, and now that there are forums there, I haven't even put the time to check them, but I guess they are working fine since email volume has gone down drastically. I now receive probably some 40 emails a day.

Scott Hopkins
2003-12-10, 05:56 PM
I am disappointed with the format chosen for the AUGI forum. I find it difficult to read and navigate. I am staying right here.

PeterJ
2003-12-10, 06:11 PM
I wasn't saying AUGI was wrong or anything like that, just looking at the comparison. I think the people at AUGI might like to flush their lists (at risk of loss of advertising revenue) and actually look at who are active members. There is no joy in being a big group where half the members don't participate.

They may only have twenty or thirty thousand real members! But if they could persuade 20% of those to be active they would have a really vibrant community.

hdjohnson
2003-12-10, 07:04 PM
I am disappointed with the format chosen for the AUGI forum. I find it difficult to read and navigate. I am staying right here.

I agree with Scott. I wish that AUGI atleast would remember your display settings. I hate having to always expand the tree or select that you want it to be in "flat mode".

I think we all can agree Zoog's the best!!!

beegee
2003-12-11, 06:38 AM
Looking at the product independent forums on AUGI, the most popular forums by posts to date, are ( envelope please.... )

CAD MANAGEMENT 511
PROGRAMMING LISP 438
ADT 370
LAND DEV DESKTOP 242
PROGRAMMING VBA 196
AUTOCAD 107
CIVIL DESIGN 100
REVIT 100

I guess the only real surprise there is the relatively low post count for Autocad. Then again, its been around so long I suppose everyone knows everything about it by now. :)

If AUGI have 54,000 members and we've got 628, that leaves a hell of a lot of people out there who NEED to know about Revit, donchathink ?