PDA

View Full Version : Furniture Scheduling Question

JamesVan
2005-04-07, 02:59 AM
We're setting up Revit for our Interiors group and would appreciate some input on how we can accomplish some of our usual schedules. First, we would need to generate furniture+furniture system schedules by room. This is a little tricky, but I think I have a handle on it. The next one is a doozy...

Our group typically places furniture and furniture systems in furniture groups. For example, furniture group "Executive 1" might include 1 desk, 1 credenza, 2 chairs, 3 file cabinets, etc. A schedule must then be generated to list each furniture group and the items within. I've created a Project Parameter called "Furniture Group" which I've assigned to Furniture and Furniture Systems. The only problem I see is that when I create a Multi-Category schedule, it lists all instances of the furniture assigned to a Furniture Group. Is there a way to get this type of schedule to work?

ajayholland
2005-04-07, 04:02 PM
James,

I’m not sure this is the solution you need…

First, sort by your “furniture group” parameter. Using the “header” checkbox under Sorting/Grouping will divide the schedule into separate blocks of information, headed by the parameter name.

We used this method to separate different occupancy types in an occupant load analysis.

~AJH

Scott D Davis
2005-04-07, 04:36 PM
Wouldn't Schedule Keys work for this? You could create a Key called Executive 1, that contains a certain set of furniture. From Help:

Schedules, particularly for windows, doors, or rooms, can comprise multiple items that have the same characteristics. A room schedule in particular might have 100 rooms with the same floor, ceiling, and base finishes. Rather than having to enter all that information by hand into each of the 100 rooms in the schedule, Autodesk® Revit® allows you to conveniently define keys that can automatically fill in information. If a room has a defined key, then as that room is added to a schedule, fields in the schedule automatically update, reducing the time required to produce the schedule.

Keys are defined and listed in Key Schedules. Key schedules look very similar to component schedules, except you define them to your specifications. When you create a key, it becomes part of the instance properties of the element. If you display that element's properties, you will see the new key name. When you apply a value for the key, then the key's attributes are applied to the element.

aaronrumple
2005-04-07, 04:42 PM
Sure would be nice to be able to scheulde groups....

beegee
2005-04-08, 01:02 AM
James,

If you could schedule and tag nested families, I think your problem would be solved ?

You could nest each furniture component in a furniture ( or furniture system ) family, naming the family as " Executive 1" for example.

You could then schedule by the furniture group, listing the rooms that each "group" ( not really a group in this case , but a family ) was placed in, and either hide or expose in schedules, the furniture components that the group contains.