PDA

View Full Version : About dangles

vkotesh
2005-04-07, 04:21 AM
Can any one suggest why AutoCAD Map3D 2005 MAP CLEANUP is not showing a line as a dangle even if its both ends are not snapped to any line? Even though it fits in the given tolerance. But in ARC INFO it is a dangle?.

Regards,
Kotesh

Mike.Perry
2005-04-07, 11:40 AM
Hi Kotesh

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the AutoLISP (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91) Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Glenn Pope
2005-04-07, 01:19 PM
Maybe they don't fit in the tolerance that is specified. Thats the only thing I can think of.

vkotesh
2005-04-12, 05:21 AM
Maybe they don't fit in the tolerance that is specified. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Even though it is in tolerance it is not showing.

sdaniel.3467
2005-05-03, 02:08 PM
I beleive a Dangle is defined as a line begining from an intersection from another line to a point out in space (other end not intersecting another line). If you've got a line all by itself the short objects cleanup option should delete it. However, this may delete other objects that you want to keep.
With drawing cleanup, as always proceed with caution.
If you're not creating a Polygon Topology, it's possible that trying to create one will flag errors (lines not belonging to the topolgy as in your example).
This is a quick way to find all the errors in your drawing that can then be manually fixed.