PDA

View Full Version : 2019 file naming question

tnik_biloxi
2019-09-09, 03:05 PM
My office is working with a client that has a requirement for file naming.

There are seven layers of information that have to be included in the file name. As an example of a few there is a sort code, sheet number, description, extension etc.

I don't know how to do that. Where i use to work we had "Newforma" that we plotted out of. My current employer has Adobe Acrobat pro.

Can i add parameters to a sheet that can be included in the file name?

Steve_Stafford
2019-09-09, 04:22 PM
A Revit project has many sheets which means their file naming structure is designed for a different software or they only really want you to post individual files for each sheet whether AutoCAD exports from Revit or PDF...or both. You could just let them know that you use Revit and there is no sheet to reference unless you want to reference "all" of them in the file name like "A100-910".

For a set of documents produced from your model; an export to DWG and printing to PDF will provide something close to your description but it won't include a sort code unless that's part of the sheet or view name.

david_peterson
2019-09-13, 05:35 PM
Renameit Master is a pretty good one that you can rename files with after you've created them. You can also set up little macros and save them so you just need to run them. it's also free.
Just a thought.