PDA

View Full Version : Workset/View naming

jeffh
2005-04-07, 06:56 PM
OK here is the problem. We have a project which we are using worksets on, that is going OK. When we go into the workset dialog to check out worksets there is something strange going on. When we check mark the "views" section we get the views added to the list as expected BUT the names on the views do not match the names of the view in the project browser, they are the generic "section 7" etc... Revit names views when first created. This makes it really hard to check out the view you want to work on. This is not consistent either. some views listed in the workset dialog do match the name in the project browser. It is really not that big of a deal but we are starting to get quite a few views now and we almost need a decoder ring just to check out the correct drawings to work on. Anyone seen this before or have a solution or a cause as to why this is happening?

Jeff Hanson

J. Grouchy
2005-04-07, 07:04 PM
Are these view names in the Project Browser or on the Sheet Title? You can have two 'names' on a view title in a sheet (one that identifies each unique view and the other that shows up on the sheet - allowing multiple views to have the same title like "wall section"). If you mean names of views in the Project Browser, I'm stumped... ;)

jeffh
2005-04-07, 07:25 PM
It is the view name in the project browser. Fro example, I have a view named "Building Section @ Units" in my project browser. In order to check this view out to be edited in the workset dialog I have to check out a view named "View "Section: Section 7". Others section views match the names listed in the project browser.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-07, 08:18 PM
This makes it really hard to check out the view you want to work on.FYI, naming issue aside, you never really need to use the workset dialog to check out worksets. Just pick the view in the browser, right click, make workset editable.

You only really need the workset dialog to see who has things checked out or to create/manage the worksets. Everything can be checked out by selecting an object or view and using the right click options to make worksets or elements editable.

jeffh
2005-04-07, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the tip. I did not know you could do it that way. This is the first project our office has used worksets in Revit for so we don't know all the tricks yet. We must have messed something up along the way with the workset naming thing. The project is almost done so we will get another crack at it next time.