PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Any Forums specific to Revit LT?

calypsoart
2019-09-19, 03:58 PM
I've been using AC since 1989. Now I use Rhino and Sketchup for 3D and AC LT for 2D. I recently upped my AC LT subscription to to the AutoCad/Revit LT suite to give Revit LT a try.

I do what I call “fake architecture”, sets for Film/TV. We have no real building codes, never build foundations, usually single story, (often no ceiling) and everything must be easily disassembled so a couple guys can carry a “wall” away. --The finish facing the camera is all that matters.--- Our structures must be cheap, light, and need last only as long as necessary for shooting. (From hours to maybe a few seasons)

That said, we have to do construction drawings. And when someone says “Make that window bigger and add a door. It shoots tomorrow.”, the drawing of those changes needs to be produced right away for construction. It was the ability to make those changes quickly in Revit that intrigued me. I did a few tutorials, but the were intended for architecture and usually done in full Revit. I ran into situations where the tools were not available in LT (Massing). At any rate, I was wondering if there is an English language Revit LT forum, (Autodesk does not have one) or tutorials that show creation of a variety forms -- including organic -- using RLT. e.g. If someone asked me to create an organically shaped spaceship, could it be done in Revit LT with the available tools? I can do it in Rhino, but it would not be parametric. (unless I learn Grasshopper)

Steve_Stafford
2019-09-20, 04:17 PM
I don't think there are any plans for a LT focused forum. Last I heard AUGI hoped to condense some forums not expand them. LT is a reduced set of features and what you describe is mostly the realm of full Revit. If you're really faced with that kind of work then you'll need to consider switching to it...long term...and Dynamo (Revit's "Grasshopper") and other 3rd party applications become an option as well.