PDA

View Full Version : 2019 default 3d view

harkeychad
2019-09-24, 07:21 PM
I am not able to see anything in my default 3d view on one certain project. I looked at some others and it looks the same. What am I missing here. Thanks so much

david_peterson
2019-09-25, 01:19 PM
Did you import or link a civil site file?
My guess is your extents are such that things are not visible.
Unless you don't have anything turned on, or you modeled everything on a different phase or something like that.
I'd go to your 3d view, pick on the top corner of your view cube, type in ZE to zoom extents, zoom out about 4 clicks on the mouse wheel, then do a crossing window from the bottom right to the upper left corner of the visible area. If you've selected anything you should be able to find what it is.
Remember that if thing look OK zoom extents wise, in a plan view, doesn't meant that you don't have some object 30,000 feet up in the Z direction.
Just my 2 cents.

harkeychad
2019-09-30, 01:38 PM
We have one Revit link which has attachments to that link. Also many cad links. I will try and do what you wrote. This has never happened to me but it is the first time I am using shared coordinates

harkeychad
2019-10-08, 01:34 PM
It crashes when I zoom out 3x. We are using shared coordinates for this project as well. Would that matter? This has never happened before but this is the first project I am involved with using shared coordinates.

harkeychad
2019-10-08, 01:48 PM
This is in regards to my prior default 3d view post I tried to zoom out a few times and this is what the screen looks like. What is the project level? I know the number on the elevation is way below our project. But when I got to this screen, it crashes on me. Any help would be great. Thanks.