PDA

View Full Version : Snap/align over-rides in 2D detail mode.

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-04-08, 12:52 AM
Is there a way of turning OFF the snap/aligment settings when drawing in 2D detailing mode?

It is really annoying having lines/objects snapping and attaching themselves to other lines. So when you want to move them away the other lines stretch and move with it.

This is really bugging me and find myself drawing the details in Autocad and importing them into Revit.

beegee
2005-04-08, 01:04 AM
SO = Snaps Off.

J. Grouchy
2005-04-08, 01:06 AM
Is there a way of turning OFF the snap/aligment settings when drawing in 2D detailing mode?

It is really annoying having lines/objects snapping and attaching themselves to other lines. So when you want to move them away the other lines stretch and move with it.

This is really bugging me and find myself drawing the details in Autocad and importing them into Revit.

No matter how much something in Revit bugs me, I don't think it would be enough to cause me to voluntarily revert to AutoCAD. If not for consultants, I'd be a full convert to Revit...never looking back.

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-04-08, 01:15 AM
SO = Snaps Off.

I am using this already. But sometimes lines will associate themselves with other lines and will drag with them.

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-04-08, 01:18 AM
No matter how much something in Revit bugs me, I don't think it would be enough to cause me to voluntarily revert to AutoCAD. If not for consultants, I'd be a full convert to Revit...never looking back.

Sometimes it is just quicker this way. Especially when the job has to go out.
I haven't got time to mess around trying to find an alternate way.

Depending on the job we still use AutoCAD, just because it is easier.

I presume that is why Autodesk sells it bundled in the Series version.

beegee
2005-04-08, 01:18 AM
In that case, use Move > Disjoin.

-OTTP-Brembo
2005-04-08, 01:28 AM
In that case, use Move > Disjoin.

Thanks for that. Exactly what I am after...