PDA

View Full Version : save to earlier version

iffans
2005-04-08, 02:11 AM
Is it possible to open Revit file from Revit 7 in Revit 6? Or can we save as file in Revit 7 to Revit 6? What if our client still use the earlier version?

sjsl
2005-04-08, 02:49 AM
No. You can't do either. Tell the client to upgrade.

Merlin
2005-04-08, 03:26 AM
Is it possible to open Revit file from Revit 7 in Revit 6? Or can we save as file in Revit 7 to Revit 6? What if our client still use the earlier version?
Alas, and sighs, no!
I asked the same questions a while ago. This is something that similar programmes do also (e.g. ArchiCAD)

beegee
2005-04-08, 03:57 AM
But.... I understand there are significant problems saving Archicad library parts from 9 to 8, in many instances .....

That and the development time involved to get it right, are one of the chief reasons why Revit has not committed resorces to this issue. Also, historically, Revit users adopt new releases early in the cycle. ( cos' they're packed full of irrestible goodies ! )

Alas, and sighs, no!
I asked the same questions a while ago. This is something that similar programmes do also (e.g. ArchiCAD)

Merlin
2005-04-08, 04:08 AM
But.... I understand there are significant problems saving Archicad library parts from 9 to 8, in many instances .....

That and the development time involved to get it right, are one of the chief reasons why Revit has not committed resorces to this issue. Also, historically, Revit users adopt new releases early in the cycle. ( cos' they're packed full of irrestible goodies ! )
HI, BG,

I think you misunderstood me, mate. (Although that is quite easy to do). What I meant was that I understand ArchiCAD is the same in that you can't save down to earlier versions.....after reading your post, are they trying to overcome that?

John Mc

beegee
2005-04-08, 05:59 AM
So I hear.

HI, BG,

>>> are they trying to overcome that?

John Mc