PDA

View Full Version : Attributes Within Multi View Blocks

gdaniels
2005-04-08, 09:09 AM
I am trying to set up title blocks with fields linking through to project/sheet set data.

I am having problems with the fields not updating when nested in blocks or multi view blocks. I have tried using attributes with fields, text with fields, normal blocks, multi view blocks and have experienced problems with them all one way or another.

What is the correct procedure for doing this? Has anyone else had to overcome the same problem?

Thanks,

Graham.

Steve_Bennett
2005-04-09, 04:49 AM
I am trying to set up title blocks with fields linking through to project/sheet set data.

I am having problems with the fields not updating when nested in blocks or multi view blocks. I have tried using attributes with fields, text with fields, normal blocks, multi view blocks and have experienced problems with them all one way or another.

What is the correct procedure for doing this? Has anyone else had to overcome the same problem? I don't think that fields would update once they are located within blocks. Maybe Xrefs, but not the others. Or look at it this way: If it's a title block using fields, do you really need to nest the fields within a block? Or could you acheive the same result by using a table to anchor the fields down instead of a block?

gdaniels
2005-04-11, 08:49 AM
I have been doing something similar up until now, thought it would have been nice to be able to switch between different styles of title blocks easily from the properties palette as you can with Multi-view blocks. The help files do suggest to me that the fields should still be updatable within in blocks.

Thanks anyway,

Graham.