PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Revit align tool problem

andrease.kirjad595670
2019-11-22, 11:00 AM
Hello!

There is a problem with the Align tool. When I align one line, then another line moves! And when I align the other back to it's original position, then the first line moves!
I created a video of this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTaESz3LC4

This issue is also on in the past 5 (at least) versions of Revit.
The problem occurs when lines are in diagonal.
Does anybody have this aligning problem also?

andrease.kirjad595670
2019-11-22, 11:10 AM
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTaESz3LC4

andrease.kirjad595670
2019-11-22, 11:18 AM
To view the video go to random youtube video and replace the ending after equals sign in address bar with this: edTaESz3LC4

andrease.kirjad595670
2019-11-22, 03:10 PM
This happens when I'm in Sketch mode - creating floors, roofs etc. When drawing Detail Lines, then Align Tool works perfectly!

Steve_Stafford
2019-11-23, 11:42 AM
Just pull the grips back away from the other segments, separate them. Align should move without altering the other sketches. This happens with a mixture of using the Pick tool and sketching. The pick option causes Revit to infer a relationship between some segments. In some cases I'll just delete the sketch segments and do those over again.

andrease.kirjad595670
2019-11-26, 10:13 AM
Thank you for the answer. I wasn't using Pick Lines tool when I created the lines. Today I stumbled on that problem again. The solution is when I delete one segment and then redraw it. This issue is very annoying. Should I report this issue to Autodesk as a bug?
To view the video go to random youtube video and replace the ending after equals sign in address bar with this: gd2DKUSR4uM

There is more mystical about that command.

To view the video go to random youtube video and replace the ending after equals sign in address bar with this: nwlJs232kc0

jesse806408
2024-02-08, 12:32 AM
I also have this problem when working in sketch mode. The bug is still there in Revit 2024. This is quite dangerous as often we are realigning edges by only a few mm or fractions of degrees, the align tool seems like an accurate and efficient way of doing things, but then it then throws out all the other angles and dimensions by a constructionally significant but almost imperceptible small distance on the screen. We later discover for example that all our slab edges are wobbly and incorrect due to someone trying to align just one edge of it to something else and not noticing that every other line has been moved as a result.

Autodesk, if you hear me... please fix.

Ed Jobe
2024-02-08, 03:36 PM
Autodesk does not monitor these forums. This is peer support only. You can report a bug on their product feedback (https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback) page. I like to report bugs by creating a support request and when they can't solve it, they create a bug report for me. That way, I'm certain that they got it.