PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Revit links from Vault

Ning Zhou
2020-05-07, 03:35 AM
is it possible to Reload From Revit models stored in Vault, manually or via API (Revit or Vault)?

we have live models in Revit Server, and frozen models in Vault, sometimes it's necessary to link to frozen models instead of live ones, ideally Reload From frozen models in Vault, if it's not doable then we have to create copy or some kind of mirror of frozen models from Vault in Revit Server.

Brian Myers
2020-05-07, 07:41 PM
I would recommend posting that on the Autodesk Revit (or Vault) forum. https://forums.autodesk.com/

I am not an advocate of moving a person away from AUGI for an answer, but this is a special case where an actual Autodesk employee could message another actual Autodesk employee on the other product team and discuss a solution. My guess is that it can not be done, for a variety of reasons. But I do not know that with 100% certainty. If you post in the Autodesk forums an Autodesk employee will try to give you their by the book best answer, which is likely what you need right now over what would be rare to find practical experience.

david_peterson
2020-05-12, 07:56 PM
If one were to be using 360, you could create a folder for the frozen models and simply not allow edits.
Then have another folder with the "live" models.
Then you can easily just reload from.
No idea on Vault.

Ning Zhou
2020-05-13, 02:45 AM
thanks Dave, that's what we do now, just reload from frozen copy from Vault