PDA

View Full Version : Door Tags

khomburg
2005-04-09, 12:43 AM
Is there a way to include the room number in a door tag so that the first door to room 101 would be 101A, the second would be 101B....etc. instead of all of the doors being numbered sequentially in the entire project? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there isn't a way to do this it gives ammunition to the Revit naysayers at my company.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-09, 02:35 AM
...If there isn't a way to do this it gives ammunition to the Revit naysayers at my company...I'm sorry the naysayers have some ammo. I'd love to see something implemented too. Fwiw, the naysayers will choose something else, if it wasn't this, anyway.

At some time, during a project, automatic numbering of anything breaks down and then what should Revit "decide" to do? We have to be the decision makers in the end.

You can include the FROM NUMBER and TO NUMBER (as well as From and To Room names) for the the doors in your schedule so you can display the relevant information there. If you do it is just a matter of data entry to plug in values that make more sense to your work habits. That's what we did at my last firm.

khomburg
2005-04-09, 02:14 PM
That worked great doing that from the schedule. I did about 100 doors in 10 minutes or so. I love being able to edit things in the schedules in Revit. It would be great if Revit developed the ability to do that automatically but this way really isn't that bad considering the way we used to do it with other programs.

Thanks for the help!