PDA

View Full Version : 2019 turning categories on/off from linked models globally

jledgewood
2020-05-15, 05:03 PM
i have linked models for my consultants in my arch model. is there a way to turn on/off categories globally? i know you can do this through each view template. i would like to avoid have to do this the numerous times of the many templates that i have. i would like to do this for the entire model.

evan549822
2020-06-10, 02:22 PM
My solution for this was to use dynamo and move all elements in certain categories to the Shared Levels and Grids workset, then in our model, I have that workset turned off for each linked model.

tedg
2020-06-10, 03:45 PM
I don't use dynamo, but yes on the worksets.
We try to not create a ton of worksets, but we do use them for controlling groups of entities like this, which can be turned on/off globally in view templates etc.

david_peterson
2020-07-01, 01:03 PM
You can turn things on or off in selected view via Dynamo regardless of template. The only issue you'll find is if you want to change it or adjust it you'll either need to run another graph, or remove the view template, change it and then re-apply it.
What would be really nice was a way to make global changes to Links, Filters and such in the templates.
Another way you could do this is to set up your project template with generically named links so you can just do a reload from.