PDA

View Full Version : Compound floors or roofs

agd
2005-04-09, 04:00 AM
When creating a compound floor with layers screeding, insulation and concrete, how do I manage to display the concrete layer in a thicker wrap line thickness in my sections. I have tried creating different floors to represent each layer, but still cannot edit the floor wrapping line thickness for the different floor styles. I can set them all to display on a thin wrapping line and just trace the concrete slab in sections, but this is rather time consuming.

beegee
2005-04-09, 04:12 AM
Try placing a filled region with a heavy outline and a concrete fill pattern over the slab portion of the compound floor and locking it to the slab profile.

aaronrumple
2005-04-09, 04:51 AM
Here's one with no filled regions, just a little linework touch up.

agd
2005-04-09, 06:49 PM
Here's one with no filled regions, just a little linework touch up.
Thanks for the speedy reply and file, now if only I can figure out how you got your floor:wood joist to display with the thin line at the bottom edge.

SkiSouth
2005-04-09, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply and file, now if only I can figure out how you got your floor:wood joist to display with the thin line at the bottom edge.

You can set each object style to have a cut and a profile line weight. When an object is cut by Revit, the cut line weight is used. When the object is not cut, then the projection line weight is used. These line weights are defined by the scale that is being used to display the view and the line weight set under Settings-> Line Weights. For a little more information you can look at the tutorials for pen weights if you haven't already.

Though different from ACAD in how to control your pen weights, it really winds up being quite simple and easier than Acad.

bowlingbrad
2005-04-09, 07:18 PM
Use the linework tool (the fountain pen).
Select thin lines from the pull-down box.
Select the line you want to show up as thin.

HTH

aaronrumple
2005-04-09, 10:36 PM
Ta da......!

agd
2005-04-12, 02:26 AM
Thanks, the fountain tool does the trick!