PDA

View Full Version : 2019 View Templates Automatically Assigned to Similar Views or Assign View Organization

keastman182
2020-06-11, 12:52 PM
Hello!
I am making standard view templates and I was researching if a view template could be automatically assigned to a view when it is created based on it type? Example, when you cut a wall section that view would automatically have a wall section view template assigned. I saw a blog that said there is a check box for "Apply automatically to new views of same type" however, I do not see this in my view templates. This post was from 2009 and I'm in 2019, does this no longer exist? I also saw another post from 2015, that had "View Organization" as a view template parameter so assigning the view template would organize the view in the browser, but again, I don not see this in my view template. Either one of these would be great. I don't see how to add parameters to the view template. Am I missing something or is this not possible.
Thank you!

PijPiwo
2020-06-11, 03:43 PM
It’s not a template property, it’s a view property. Open your view, make sure nothing is selected, click on edit type and ‘view template applied to new views’.

keastman182
2020-06-12, 12:48 PM
Thank you! One of those simple things that gets you stuck. Is there a way to assign view organization to a view to the view template? See attached image, the parameter highlighted in red I don't have.

PijPiwo
2020-06-12, 03:00 PM
It looks like this parameter is user defined. I don’t think it is Revit OOTB parameter. You or your colleague must’ve created one for some reason as a view parameter.

CAtDiva
2020-06-12, 04:31 PM
The answer to the first part of you question, is yes, you can assign a view template (VT) to a certain type of view so that the VT is applied when the view is created. Then you have to pay attention to the view type when creating your views. For example, in our template, we have 18 floor plan types, each of which have a different VT. In order to have a VT assigned when the view is created, then the user has to go to the View tab, click "Plan Views" > "Floor Plan", then select the type before selecting the level(s) and clicking "OK" to create the views. If views are created using the right-click "Duplicate" method and then the view type is changed, the original VT stays until that is also changed.

With Elevations & Sections, you can also create different view types with VTs assigned for new views. Again, before the user places the view callout to create a view, they need to select the correct view type to have the VT automatically assigned.

108255 108256

Oh, and if you create different view types, then use those in your Browser Organization, that will help with the second part of your question: