PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Problems

cphubb
2003-12-10, 11:02 PM
I am trying to export a model into another project. In the past I have either grouped the objects and saved the group and imported into the new or used the clipboard with good results.

Now when I go to save the group Revit says cannot save the group and cancels. Doesn't give a good reason. When I cut and past the model falls apart at the paste and won't import. Anybody else have a similar problem? Any solutions for this.

Thanks

Chris

aggockel50321
2003-12-11, 01:41 AM
What type of objects (family categories) are you trying to group & export?

beegee
2003-12-11, 01:44 AM
Chris,

Yes there have been many problems with groups.
Hopefully they will get enormously better as of 16th Dec.

Until then, try grouping objects in chunks and exporting the groups, rather than all in one. ... ie group 1 - all walls, inluding doors, windows. group 2-floors, group 3-roof etc. Keep the annotations separate. I find they often "act-out".

gregcashen
2003-12-11, 02:09 AM
The key here (according to the Revit team at AU) is to not group the elements that have other relationships...or to eliminate those relationships.

For instance, if you group a room layout, do not group walls into the layout that are constrained to levels...when you try to place the group on another level, the wall is still looking for the old base and top constraints...which are not there anymore.