PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Edit DWG inisde of Revit

Iceberg
2020-08-17, 06:05 PM
I created some pipe data from a point cloud using my point cloud creation software. I am now trying to bring that Data into Revit so that I can clean up the pipe data, add fittings, bends, etc. The issue is that no matter what file I bring in, a DWG file, a dwf file, etc when I select the model in Revit it selects the whole things like it is a block.

My question is now that I have all of this data inside of Revit, how can i now Edit the Revit Model.

Steve_Stafford
2020-08-17, 08:00 PM
There is no process to edit a DWG, as if editing in AutoCAD, from within Revit. Whatever the DWG file includes is regarded as one thing in Revit. Elements assigned to specific layers can be turned on/off and color/line pattern altered in Revit so you can decide how much of the DWG to see or what it will look like.

The IFC format allows for some rudimentary conversion from IFC to native Revit elements. Some third party software tools provide a way to create native Revit elements from some point cloud data.

Iceberg
2020-08-17, 08:39 PM
There is no process to edit a DWG, as if editing in AutoCAD, from within Revit. Whatever the DWG file includes is regarded as one thing in Revit. Elements assigned to specific layers can be turned on/off and color/line pattern altered in Revit so you can decide how much of the DWG to see or what it will look like.

The IFC format allows for some rudimentary conversion from IFC to native Revit elements. Some third party software tools provide a way to create native Revit elements from some point cloud data.

Thanks for the information Steve.

I finally was able to bring in a COE file into Revit which gives me the functionality of the entities to be placed on the correct families and allow for editing and such. Huge bummer that you cant bring in dxf, dwg, or other formats and edit them, but I have something now that I can work with.