PDA

View Full Version : Wall sweep not sweeping

bowlingbrad
2005-04-10, 08:52 PM
I have a sweep that won't turn a corner. If I copy-paste the two walls into an empty project, the sweeps DO turn the corner. I tried changing the wall joins to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciated. The attached project is the copy-paste that actually worked.

beegee
2005-04-10, 09:48 PM
It would be more useful to post the file that is not working, but try this; Select the sweep, then select the radio button "Add or Remove sweeps ", now select the short wall.

bowlingbrad
2005-04-11, 01:02 PM
Thanks Beegee.

I tried your suggestion before I posted the problem. When I did the "Add or Remove Walls", Revit put the sweep on the inside face of the wall. I didn't know how to switch it around to the exterior. What I did end up doing was selecting the sweep and dragging the grip until the sweeps mitered. I just don't know why this happened.

aaronrumple
2005-04-11, 01:13 PM
Grab the sweep and pull the grip to extend the sweep to meet the second sweep. They should miter when the grips are aligned.

bowlingbrad
2005-04-11, 03:54 PM
Hey Aaron,
I guess you aren't getting much sleep lately ;-)
Your suggestion was my previous reply! I hope you are enjoying your new addition.

tamas
2005-04-11, 06:23 PM
I have a sweep that won't turn a corner. If I copy-paste the two walls into an empty project, the sweeps DO turn the corner. I tried changing the wall joins to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciated. The attached project is the copy-paste that actually worked.
Could you post the project with the non-cooperating sweeps?

patricks
2005-04-11, 06:50 PM
Thanks Beegee.

I tried your suggestion before I posted the problem. When I did the "Add or Remove Walls", Revit put the sweep on the inside face of the wall. I didn't know how to switch it around to the exterior. What I did end up doing was selecting the sweep and dragging the grip until the sweeps mitered. I just don't know why this happened.

Man I had the exact same problem, stupid sweeps going on the inside of walls when I hit the Add/Remove button, and then I wouldn't be able to get rid of them by using the Add/Remove button. I don't think I ever found a solution. :(

sbrown
2005-04-11, 06:56 PM
I get this all the time, the workaround is to go to a straight on elevation of the wall segment, pick the side of the wall sweep, then add it to your wall.