PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Help Schedules

bwdeen
2020-10-21, 12:30 PM
Revit Noob.....
Trying to compile a list of components on a schedule, from the items created in the Groups > Detail, is this possible? How can I do this, if not......
:shock:

Thanks.

damon.sidel
2020-10-21, 09:30 PM
Short answer is no, I don't think that there is a way to create a schedule of detail groups.

This sounds suspiciously like a desire that may not be in your best long-term interest. What are you trying to accomplish?

Personally, I can't remember the last time I created a Group from Detail elements. If I need more than one detail of something, I create a detail component family. Detail components can be scheduled, but I've never found a need to create a detail schedule.

bwdeen
2020-10-22, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
Trying to get a total count of the items listed in image below on a schedule. These are already developed in model as detail items. Is there a quick way of converting these to components to be scheduled?

Making a separate excel schedule, would be doable but.....ugh.

Thanks,
BWDeen

marmiketin
2020-10-22, 08:15 PM
What do those detail groups contain, is it just a bunch of linework or is it multiple detail item families grouped together for easy movement and relationship? If it is just a bunch of linework this should really be made as detail item families. Those can be scheduled.