PDA

View Full Version : Spot elevations? can I rotate the text?

cosmickingpin
2005-04-11, 10:52 PM
I have a theater balcony I am attempting to place elevations at the various levels. However the seating rows run north to south so I would like a spot elevation with the text turned to fit within the seating rows. I don't see a parameter for adjusting that, only horizontal above or below. Nothing in the leader symbol either. I imagine there is a way to do this, I mean typically in this office civil elevations are called out at 45d and arch at 0d. Am I missing something?

beegee
2005-04-12, 01:10 AM
Unfortunately No, only options in this system family are text horrizontal above or below the leader.

One for the wishlist maybe ?

cosmickingpin
2005-04-12, 01:30 AM
But thanks anyway...

Unfortunately No, only options in this system family are text horrizontal above or below the leader.

One for the wishlist maybe ?

David Conant
2005-04-12, 02:17 PM
Please post images of the symbols (ALL the variations) you are trying to create. Thanks.

cosmickingpin
2005-04-12, 03:41 PM
the big idea is to use different text rotations for various disciplines. civil rotated at 45, floors and ceilings at the vertical, and arch/ struct. at the horizontal. I can use different crosshair indicators, text type and size, but that kinda washes flat. Not that all will be on the same drawing, but as each will have different level bases, it would greatly speed checking and verification as text rottion tends to stand out a little better, espically on a large jobs.

Please post images of the symbols (ALL the variations) you are trying to create. Thanks.

Phil Palmer
2005-04-13, 10:50 AM
Text rotation in general should be available for ALL tags.
Current building I am loooking at could really do with some Room Tags rotated to fit the room better.
This also goes for furniture tags etc.
We just dont seem to do nice square buildings anymore

bowlingbrad
2005-04-13, 11:54 AM
Hey Cosmic,
Thanks for the PDF. Perfect explanation! We would definately use spot elevations more, if we had this ability. Wishlist, please.