PDA

View Full Version : Perpendicular Section problem!

ejburrell67787
2005-04-13, 12:00 PM
I can't place a section perpendicular to a wall. I've even tried placing the section callout horizontal and rotating it by the angle of the wall... but the wall must be slightly off by a fraction of a degree because the section still doesn't come out perpendicular.

Any way to force the section perpendicular?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cheers, Elrond

bowlingbrad
2005-04-13, 12:13 PM
Could you please post a file for us to review?

ejburrell67787
2005-04-13, 12:20 PM
Nope, file is way too big!

sbrown
2005-04-13, 12:30 PM
Get your wall straight first, if your wall is off you will have many problems down the road, draw a ref. plane(hold down shift and it will ortho lock) then do a angular dim to your wall and see if it is off. then just pick the wall, the angle should highlight and you can type in the value you want.

Now create your section. however your section mark should automatically snap perp to a wall, if its not that means there are multiple walls or ref planes that are very close to the same angle as your wall and it is finding one of those.

ejburrell67787
2005-04-13, 12:37 PM
Hi Scot, Thanks for that - the wall isn't meant to be straight though!

And thanks for the offer Brad.

I have finally managed it - by doing a callout and eliminating absolutely everything from the view except the one required wall and zooming in quite close! I think is was a case of having many things in the same place as you suggested Scot.

Thanks!

Elrond

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-04-13, 07:59 PM
There is a handy tool I don't use very often on the option bar when placing an elevation callout. You can place a short grid in a view, align the grid to the wall face and then set up your elevation using the 'attach to grid' checkbox. Works like a charm for all those wild angled walls and locations where there is a lot of stuff the elevation callout seems to want to snap to.