PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Losing Linked DWG

dsw98
2022-05-06, 01:02 PM
For some reason I'm losing linked DWG's from my project. The file locations haven't changed. I'll bring the file in, work on it. Then close the project for the day, then the next day it's not there. Yet it shows up in the Manage Link tab. I've tried reloading it, but that doesn't work. The only thing I can do is remove it and link it again. Is there a step I'm unaware of that I should be doing to keep the DWG's permanently linked?
Thanks

tedg
2022-05-06, 02:05 PM
For some reason I'm losing linked DWG's from my project. The file locations haven't changed. I'll bring the file in, work on it. Then close the project for the day, then the next day it's not there. Yet it shows up in the Manage Link tab. I've tried reloading it, but that doesn't work. The only thing I can do is remove it and link it again. Is there a step I'm unaware of that I should be doing to keep the DWG's permanently linked?
Thanks

So it sounds like you're not "losing it" because you mention it's in the manage link tab, so you still have it but not seeing it?
Is it possibly on a workset being turned off, or maybe a design option? or simply being turned off through VG or in a view template setting?

dsw98
2022-05-06, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the response. It's a no to all of the above. I've checked all those things you mentioned. Worksets aren't enabled and there are no design options. It's a real head scratcher.