PDA

View Full Version : Any good books out there

harkeychad
2005-04-13, 05:09 PM
I am a new user and need to find some good books on Revit to walk me through some tutorials. I also would like to know if there any classes available around St. Louis to take

rodneyf
2005-04-13, 05:21 PM
Check out the books from Cyril Verley & David Driver from CDV Systems there are very good and I have people here in our office that would do anything to keep the book by their side all the time.

Joef
2005-04-13, 06:13 PM
I can also recommend the books from CDV Systems.
There is also a new book just out that looks promising:
http://www.cadcim.com/revit-7/revit-7.htm
They have sample chapters you can download

purvisp
2005-04-13, 06:22 PM
Check out the books from Cyril Verley & David Driver from CDV Systems there are very good and I have people here in our office that would do anything to keep the book by their side all the time.

I also am trying to learn Revit. I bought the book of tutorials from Autodesk and am going through that now. Would the books from CDV systems be a better learning source? I don't use Revit at work, but just wanted to learn the program so I am teaching myself at home on my own time, so the cost of the book becomes a factor. I use Autocad now and have used ADT in the past, but looks like Revit is a much better program to use. My only learning source right now is the tutorial book and the Augi forums. So any other good sources would be appreciated. Got an extra Verley book you would care to donate to a worthy cause??? :mrgreen:
Thanks for the info

rodneyf
2005-04-13, 07:17 PM
Paul,
We also have the books from Autodesk and I like those also. I really like the project based aproach the CDV systems books offer. If I could I would gladly donate them but like I said the people in office will not let them go and since they are a property of my company I am not able to. Hope that helps.

purvisp
2005-04-13, 07:30 PM
I can also recommend the books from CDV Systems.
There is also a new book just out that looks promising:
http://www.cadcim.com/revit-7/revit-7.htm
They have sample chapters you can download

Joef
Thanks for the link. I will check out the sample chapters on that one too. I have 7.0 and the CDV systems book is on 6.1. Prob not that much difference, but if Im going to get one, might as well get one for the current version.
Thanks again....

harkeychad
2005-04-13, 07:34 PM
Thanks all who replied about the books. I will look into them.

Scott D Davis
2005-04-13, 10:43 PM
Hey! Don't forget "Introducing and Implementing Autodesk Revit" By Jim Balding and Chris Fox! Another great book to get you into Revit. This book goes beyond the basics, and talks about the ways it which to make Revit really 'sing' in your practice!

Amazon Link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1401850499/qid=1113432065/sr=8-3/ref=pd_csp_3/104-1308108-7349527?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Amazon titles it "Revit 5.5" but that is incorrect. It really covers up to Revit 7.0. It was actually going to be release in 5.5, but then was updated to 7.0 before it was released.